- About us
- Press message
- Code of Ethics
- Terms and Conditions
- General Data Protection Regulation
- Improvement proposals
Company ŽDB DRÁTOVNA a.s. it was created as a successor company division spin-off company ŽDB GROUP a.s.
We are a company with over 130 years of tradition and a convenient location in Central Europe. We take on a professional level and provide superior products and services in line with the slogan „The Iron tradition of quality“.
The basic aim of the company ŽDB DRÁTOVNA a.s. it is to meet the expectations of our customers and permanently maintain the development of technology in relation to modern trends in secondary metallurgy.
The Quality Management System is developed for various work since 1994. Our company is certified according to EN ISO 9001:2015 for the area of unpatented wire and spring production also certified IATF 16949:2016. In the field of quality management is an emphasis on continuous improvement of the QMS set out in the Quality Policy ŽDB DRÁTOVNA a.s.
Individual operations of company:
• Patented Wire Drawing plant
• Not-patented Wire Drawing plant
• Steel Cords plant
• Steel Wire Rope plant
• Drawing Die
• Wire Products plant
1885 Albert Hahn and Heinrich Eisner found a Pipe-Works in Bohumin. 1888 First cast iron radiators manufaktured in a foundry. 1896 Constructing of a Hot Rolling Mill and the first open-hearth furnace. 1896 Moravskoslezska a.s. (Moravian-Silesian, JSC) for wire industry builds a Wire-Work in Bohumin. 1906 Starting up of a galvanized wire production, the first manufacturing line of this kind in Europe. 1913 Introducing of production of steel wire ropes from low-carbon steel and copper and electro-conductive strands. 1927 Starting up of patented wire production. 1945 Nationalisation of industry. 1949 Production of martensite and needle wire and starting of spring production. 1958 The two initially independent companies united into one named Zelezarny a dratovny Bohumin (Iron and Wire Works Bohumin). 1960 Opening of a new Patented-Wire Drawing Mill. 1978 Opening of the part of the Wire-Works producing tire cords and foot cables. 1993 Transformation of the state-owned enterprise into a joint-stock company named ZDB a.s.. 1994 Termination of the ZDB privatisation by means funds, the rest was gained by private investors. 1995 The plenary Assembly of the company elected into the board of directorsand the supervisory board the representatives of the majority owners. 1998 Ceremonial opening of the first common company Bekaert-ZDB Bohumin, s.r.o.. 1998 Manufacturing initiation in new buildings of Wheel Sets Division. 2003 Wire Mill was parted on 5 division:
- Wire Mill LC Division
- Wire Mill HC Division
- Steel Wire Rope Division
- Steel Cord Division
- Spring Division
2006 Our two divisions - High Carbon Wire Mill and Low Carbon Wire Mill merge into one called Drátovna (Wire Mill). 2010 Integrating Steelcord division, 1.3.2011 integrating Steel wire rope division and drawing dies division. 10/2012
From 1 October 2012 ŽDB Drátovna a.s. new subsidiary Třinecké železárny - Moravia Steel. - Moravia Steel.
Press release - Třinecké železárny
Projekt ENERGY SAVINGS OF BUILDING COTTAGES IN ŽDB DRÁTOVNA A.S.
Starting the project financed by the ESF and the budget of the Czech Republic
Completion of the project funded from the ESF and the budget of the Czech Republic
Rope from Bohumín to be used on the ropeway to Lomnický štít again
CODE OF ETHICS
Principles of behavior trading company
Our company ZDB DRÁTOVNA a.s., is a company with a long tradition of steelmaking.We stand on the values since the year 1885, since we it was founded. We take on a professional level and provide superior products and services in line with the slogan „The Iron tradition of quality“.
WE RESPECT ETHICAL PRINCIPLES
• Ethical principles and respect of the law are fundamental principles of our behavior and corporate culture.
• Our company was established and is existing under the laws applicable in the Czech Republic; this law or any other law governing our relations are governed, constantly watching, know, honor and unconditionally; consistently adhere.
• We strive to make our relationships with our business partners, public authorities, our employees and the public have been long established, stable and based on mutual respect and justified confidence in a fair hearing.
• We act and take its decisions in accordance with the principles of employee collegiality and fair trade and consistent with the rights and duties that we derive from law decisions of public authorities and of contractual relationships, which we participant.
WE APPRECIATE OUR EMPLOYEES
• Respect for human rights is a matter of course in our company. We do not underestimate or tolerate any manifestations of discrimination. We condemn any form of illegal work.
• We condemn the abuse of child labor. We only employ people who meet the conditions set by law.
• We provide vocational training for secondary vocational school students at our facilities; we do so according to the contracts with these schools in a special regime, corresponding to the age, knowledge and experience of students.
• We do not tolerate any illegal work, even among our trading partners.
• The standard in our relations with employees is always the procedures and conditions stipulated by legal regulations. This also applies to the conclusion and content of employment contracts or other employment contracts and agreements, working hours, the granting of leave, breaks, overtime, remuneration, deductions from wages or the termination of employment relationships.
• We properly reward our employees for their work performance, including bonuses for working in the afternoon, at night, on weekends and holidays, and for overtime work. In addition to the law, we provide our employees with social and other benefits.
• In relation to our employees, but also in relation to public authorities, we fulfill all our legal information obligations.
• We respect the rights of our employees, including the right to associate and bargain collectively. We respect the position of trade unions operating in our company as representatives of our employees and consider them as our partners in social dialogue.
• We constantly communicate with our employees, including meetings and consultations with top management and other senior employees, as well as informing our employees about current issues through central information boards, information boards at workplaces and an internal newsletter.
• We welcome questions and comments from our employees, for whom the "Suggestions and questions" box, which is also virtually on our company's website, can also be used in our company
• Every two years, we conduct a survey of the satisfaction and motivation of our employees.
• We regularly evaluate all our employees every year.
• We do not resist complaints from our employees or others; we allow them to make complaints, including anonymous ones, and we handle these complaints responsibly.
WE CARE ABOUT THE SAFETY AND HEALTH
• The safety and health of our employees is an organic part of all our activities and has the highest priority. We create the most favorable working conditions in our company. We adhere to the safety program for accident prevention; we make sure that every work activity is carried out by safe work procedures.
• We constantly evaluate and update the system of identification and assessment of risks of possible damage to health at work, including measures to eliminate the risks of damage to health. We constantly educate and educate our employees for safe work and health protection.
• We provide our employees with personal protective equipment according to the list prepared for each job. We provide protective beverages to employees at workplaces with increased heat or physical stress.
• We consistently ensure the assessment of the medical fitness of our employees in the system of occupational medical examinations; we do not allow the performance of work that does not correspond to the employee's medical fitness.
• If, in spite of our efforts, an accident occurs, our system will apply, including the provision of first aid, the reporting and investigation of accidents or other unfortunate events, and the adoption of measures to prevent its recurrence and to compensate for damages.
WE APPRECIATE OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS
• We treat our business partners as people who are equal to us, we treat them honestly and transparently, with respect and fairness.
• We respect the interests and needs of business partners, as long as it does not conflict with the law and does not cause excessive risk or harm.
• It obliges us to create value for our business partners. In relation to our products, we apply the principle of continuous improvement, increasing their added value, while reducing the burden on the environment. We apply a zero error strategy.
• We select our suppliers with careful care so that the quality of our products is maintained. We negotiate quality agreements with our suppliers and evaluate the fulfillment of their obligations • We ensure adequate supervision of compliance with work and technological procedures and the resolution of any complaints from our business partners. We evaluate the satisfaction of our business partners.
• We want our business partner to work with us consistently and for a long time. The success of our business partner is also our success.
• We profess the unity of words and deeds; what we promise, we will fulfill. We support an ethical business culture and perform our duties carefully, honestly and with integrity.
• We are ready to arrange an audit of our business with our business partners.
WE CONDEMN ANY MANIFESTATIONS OF CORRUPTION
• We have zero tolerance for offering or accepting bribes.
• We strictly lead our employees to refrain from any corrupt practices; no one will demand or accept any performance in exchange for or promise to provide any benefit in connection with the performance of work for our company, on our behalf or with reference to our company, or offer or provide such performance.
RESPECT OF COMPETITION AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
• We are in favor of free, fair and fair competition; we do nothing to distort such competition.
• We avoid conflicts of interest and situations that may give rise to suspicion of such conduct.
• We respect intellectual property rights, the interest in maintaining the confidentiality of trade secrets and other confidential information, and we protect that rights and such information to the extent permitted by law, agreements with business partners, data subject consents, and business ethics.
• We protect the personal data of our employees, as well as all other persons whose personal data has been provided to us.
• All our employees who, in the course of their duties, come into contact with personal data, information constituting a trade secret or other confidential information, are obliged to maintain the confidentiality of such data and information.
WE ARE SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE
• We are fulfilling our corporate mission "Together we will make it far."
• We support the region and strive to contribute to further improving the quality of life of its inhabitants.
PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT
• Environmental protection is an essential part of our policy. The standard is at least the fulfillment of all requirements of legal regulations and permits granted to us on the basis of them by state authorities.
• In the long term and conceptually, we strive to constantly reduce the impact of our activities on the surroundings of our company.
• To meet the principles of environmental protection, we have established and apply waste management systems, in which we prefer recycling, a system of closed water circuits and industrial wastewater treatment plants, chemical management and energy management; priority is also the gradual reduction of emissions of pollutants into the air. These principles are the basic starting point of our internal company regulations, including
• working rules, technical and organizational regulations (TOP) and related internal standards. We adhere to these principles, control and enforce them in our company.
Ing. Petr Adamek, v.r, Chairman, CEO
Ing. Ladislav Škvrna MBA, v.r., Chairman of the Board, financial director
company is fully aware of its social responsibility to your surroundings. Reflection is ongoing cooperation with the town of Bohumín and local organizations in education, health and sport.
in the long run
in the field of health: Bohumínská městská nemocnice a.s. in the field of education: František Živný Grammar School in Bohumín, Jan Palach 794, contribution organization in the field of sport: Tělocvičná jednota Sokol Bohumín Jan Hlasník - employee of ŽDB DR - sport shooting in the social sphere: BOBEŠ family center z.s. United Organization for the Blind and Visually Impaired, Karviná Regional Organization Association of the Civic Diseases in the Czech Republic, basic organization SPCCH Bohumín IMPULS Endowment Fund - Let's Lighten the Czech Republic - for rehabilitation care and the purchase of aids for patients with multiple sclerosis
TERM AND CONDITIONS
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION